What is Tyvek®?
DuPont™ Tyvek® is a media made from high-density polyethylene (HDPE). Continuous, fine, HDPE fibers are spun into a sheet, then bonded with heat and pressure to interconnect the fibers. Depending on the bonding process.
Hard structure Tyvek® which TuffPlans® use for our Plan Printing is paper-like, smooth and flexible.
Because it’s manufactured from polythene Tyvek® is recyclable!
When printed on by the advanced digital wide format printer that TuffPlans® use the results are exceptional:
- Waterproof – Both the media and the printed image are unaffected by water, snow, hail or in fact any type of moisture.
- Resistant to Solvents – Solvents such as Grease, Petrol, Diesel and similar do not affect Tyvek®
- Dirt & Mud – Simply hose off any dirt or mud.
- Can be Rolled & Folded – Unlike laminated plain paper plans, Tyvek® plans can be rolled & folded without damaging the printed image.
- Durable – No matter what the on-site conditions TuffPlans® on Tyvek® will last the life of the project no matter how long it lasts.
- Exceptional Value – Compared to other options TuffPlans® offer exceptional value.